The data controller responsible for your information is Grupo Posadas, S.A.B. de CV and its affiliates and / or subsidiaries (collectively, as Posadas), 1015 Prolongación Paseo de la Reforma, 9th Floor, Col. Santa Fe de Cuajimalpa, Alcaldía Cuajimalpa, CP 05348, Mexico City, is a company committed to protecting your privacy. Our Data Protection Officer is the Compliance Area, you can contact him online at the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The privacy notice outlined here applies to the following Posadas websites.
B. Personal Data
Personal data obtained by Posadas through these means includes:
1. Identification Data: name, last name, phone number, marital status, email address, gender, age, date of birth, name or business name, tax registration number, details relating to your room, service and travel preferences and special requirements.
2. Location: home address, tax domicile; dates of reservation and/or hotel stay, date and time of flight.
3. Authentication: user name and password, autograph signature, recording of your voice.
4. Payment Method: card number and expiration date.
C. Sensitive Personal Data
Personal data is classified as sensitive when touching on the most private areas of the data owner’s life, or whose misuse might lead to discrimination or involve a serious risk for said data owner. In particular sensitive data is considered that which may reveal items such as race, religion, politics, sex life or health. When you stay in one of our hotels, and you provide any information concerning your health or any disabilities, this data will only be used to serve you better and to meet your specific needs. Posadas don’t collect sensitive personal data. If you need a specific service where we need sensitive personal data, we only will use it for this purpose.
Due to the health emergency (Covid-19), Posadas will collect data related to your health in order to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 virus, according to the provisions of article 10 sections V and VI of the Federal on Protection of Personal Data Held by Private Parties; this information only be kept for the necessary time to fulfill said purpose.
D. Purposes of the data processing
Events when personal data is legally required in order for Posadas to provide a service:
1. Posadas uses the personal information provided by you in order to perform or deliver the services you requested, or they are part of a program for which you registered. These events include making reservations, buying vacation packages, becoming a vacation club member, becoming a member of Posadas loyalty programs or referral programs, attending events or social gatherings, or purchasing goods and / or tour and travel-related services.
2. Posadas may use the personal data you provide to better serve you and, where appropriate, identify your preferences during your stay, in order to make it more enjoyable.
Events when personal data is not required for Posadas to provide a service:
3. Posadas may also use your information to offer you promotions, tourism and consumer products, special services, newsletters, surveys, giveaways and online contests.
4. Data analysis can be performed through the use of technologies in order to create profiles related to your stays and travel preferences that allow us to evaluate our service and personalize the communication and promotions designed for you.
2. Send an email to email@example.com, with the email or phone numbers you want to block.
F. Rights of Data Owners
You are able to exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and objection to the information you provided to Posadas, under the Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data Held by Private Parties. You may do so by delivering the request on the following address: 1015 Prolongación Paseo de la Reforma, 9th Floor, Col. Santa Fe de Cuajimalpa, Alcaldía Cuajimalpa, CP 05348, Mexico City or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any such requests must include at least the following items: (i) The data owner’s name and address or other means to notify him of the response to this request; (ii) Documents establishing the identity or, where appropriate, legal representation of the data owner; (iii) A clear and precise description of the personal data with regard to which the data owner seeks to exercise any of the abovementioned rights; (iv) Any other item or document that facilitates locating the personal data. If the request is missing any of these requirements, the Department of Personal Data may respond within 5 days of your request and ask that you provide the required information or documents. In this event, you will have 10 days to submit the needed information or documents. If you do not respond with the missing items in that timeframe, no further action will be taken and no changes will be made to your personal data or their usage.
The terms of attention, unless the applicable regulations indicate otherwise, will be a maximum of 20 days from the date the request is received to communicate the determination adopted, so that, if appropriate, make it effective within the 15 days following the issuance of the response. The aforementioned terms may be extended only once for an equal period, as long as the circumstances of the case justify it.
In order to protect your confidentiality, Posadas will send the response to your request to the email you have provided for this purpose and will keep it available to the applicant at the address indicated in the previous paragraph.
G. Revocation of Consent
Consent may be revoked at any time. However, it is important to consider that in some cases it will not be possible to answer the request immediately due to some legal obligation. Also, the revocation of consent may be causing the termination of the service provided.
For revocation of consent you may do so by delivering the request on the following address: 1015 Prolongación Paseo de la Reforma, 9th Floor, Col. Santa Fe de Cuajimalpa, Alcaldía Cuajimalpa, CP 05348, Mexico City or by email at: email@example.com.
H. Control and Security of Personal Data
Posadas agrees to take necessary precautions to protect the data it has collected, utilizing security technologies and procedures to restrict access, use, or disclosure of personal data without consent. For example, the personal data you provide will be stored on computer servers in secure data centers with restricted access. For online transactions, Posadas also uses security technologies to protect data that is transmitted electronically, such as the use of a secure server on the Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
However, no security system or data transmission devices over which Posadas does not retain absolute control or is dependent on the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
I. Electronic Media and Cookies
In the event that you visit any of our websites, cookies will be generated and stored on your computer in order to provide you with a better experience. Cookies are small pieces of information that are transferred to your browsers by websites.
J. Transfer of Personal Data
Posadas only transfers personal data in the following cases:
1. For Mexico, in the cases established in the article 37 of the Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data Held by Private Parties. Among them is by way of example: it is pursuant to a Law; for healthcare; is required for the administration of justice, for the fulfillment of a legal relationship between the data controller and the data owner and between holding companies and subsidiaries.
2. In the cases where another international standard is applied, it will only be transferred in the cases indicated therein.
K. Changes to this Privacy Notice
Posadas may update this privacy notice at any time. In the event that substantial changes are made to our notice, we will notify you on the websites listed in the footer “Privacy Notice”. We also recommend that you visit this statement periodically in order to be aware of any updates.
I agree and accept the terms of Privacy Notice, and otherwise I will get in contact with Posadas as indicated in the subsections E and F of this Privacy Notice.
In case of any disagreement or complaint about the treatment of your personal data, you can contact the Nacional Institute for Transparency, Access to Information and Data Protection in Mexico.
Date of last revision: November 18th, 2020.